Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What the heck is curling?

OK. What the heck is this? The Mom has been obsessed with this "sport" for the past week and is glued to the TV watching it. She tried to explain it to me but basically it's a bunch of humans tossing rocks on ice to try to get points. Oh my. How stupid can humans get? Tossing rocks on ice? Ha. It's more exciting to watch the Brats toss around the catnip balls on the kitchen floor. Who would want to watch humans tossing rocks?

I do wonder about her sometimes...

8 comments:

Gigolo Kitty said...

The games of humans are incredibly stupid. Every year, millions gather and scream at the sight of a bunch of men tossing around a large bladder ball. Sheesh!

Max said...

I saw some curling. It's just Olympic sweeping. On ice. Only peopel would think of that...

Kukka-Maria said...

From the hideous photos I've seen of my mom from the 80's, I would assume "curling" was the sport of bad perms!

Beau said...

Mom and Aunt T. had a major discussion about this the other day as a matter of fact. They don't get it either but mom said it made her think of some movie about a woman named Mary Poppins.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Ohhh, Team USA is from Minnesota...not far from where we live! The guy who throws the rock has 2 pizza places in Bemidji. The local paper had a picture 2 of their Grammas in Italy cheering & waving the flag. It's ok if you don't understand it... But the curling team is doing better than the hockey team!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Uhhh,,, we know...Where or what is Bemidji. A town in northern Minnesota. They have a gigantic statue of Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox. Now you know.

Ayla said...

Oh I know where Bemidji is. With all the curling she's been watching lately, I've gotten to know much more than I have ever wanted about the US men's team. *sigh*

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Yeah! Canada Men's Team won gold!!