Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Update on Ayla Part II

From the Mom:

I'm not home yet but I did talk with the Dad. Ayla is now home and doing well. Kind of. She's not having fun recovering from the anesthesia. The Dad told me she kind of fell over when she went down the stairs so he's keeping her in the really big cat carrier until she's more steady on her feet.

He did say that Ayla let out one of her famous yowls when the tech put her in her carrier. Supposedly she was so loud that she could be heard even in the waiting room. The tech warned the Dad that she'll be grumpy and may not do well around other cats for a day or two. LOL. That would be normal behavior for Ayla!

What is rather amazing was the cost for all of this. Our old vet would've charged us over $1,300 for the anesthesia, teeth removal, biopsy, and blood work. This one only charged us $200. I'm still in a bit of shock from that but I always thought our old vet gouged us. Maybe there are some advantages to going to Dr. Country Bob.

12 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, Dr. Counrty Bob must be making money from the Tooth Fairy. Our Big Thing says all Big Things like money. So we gotta protect out toothes!

We are glad Ayla is feelin better though. We care about that more than even toothes.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Wow! Miles' teeth removal cost over $800. 200 is a great deal.

We is glad Ayla is ok. Grumpy. Ayla? that's funny.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We'z glad dat she came thru da serjeree okay and dat her blood werk is good. We'll keep purraying dat it was just an absessed toof and dat dis takes care of da prollem.

The Lee County Clowder said...

$200 sound very reasonable (cheap, even) if that is indeed all this is going to cost.

Good to know Ayla is getting back to normal.

Max said...

I'm glad she's home...that anesthesia stuff makes ya all loopy and even though I kind of enjoy the feeling, I know not every kitty does.

Paws are crossed that the biopsy comes back as Nothing Major and all she needs are anti bioticks.

Tara said...

I'm so glad you are being taken care of! I'm glad Ayla is doing better!

Tara

Parker said...

I am glad Ayla is home. Give her a smooch from me!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I read about Ayla's troubles over at the Meezers. I hope the tooth removal helps her to feel better. Meowm and I will purray for her to get totally well!

Karen Jo said...

I'm glad that Ayla is back home. I'm giggling over the statement that Ayla might be a bit grumpy and not get along with the other cats for a few days. How are you going to tell the difference? $200 sounds very reasonable for all the work done. I hope the removal of the teeth solves all of Ayla's problems.

Anonymous said...

Glad Ayla is on the mend.Yes I agree some vet's charge alot.When I had a tooth removed from Pumpkin(my dog)it cost me 1,270

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are glad Ayla is home, and hope that she feels better soon.

Victor Tabbycat said...

They've sed the same fing bout Bonnie when she'd been sick. They sed "keep the little guy away frum her a cupple days." Mom asked, "The boy or Victor? ...Or both. Both." So Bonnie was locked in the bedroom until she broked out on her own.

$200 is about what it cost fur my teef cleanin AND chippin AND blood werk!