Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'm doing ok...

...considering they doped me up and yanked out four teeth! Bah. I knew they were going to dope me up but I was expecting only one tooth to come out. It's bad enough that it looks like someone stuffed some grapes under my cheek, but now I'm going to be lopsided. At least I have some teeth left to chew with, unlike the Annoying One. Hmmm...maybe I can use this to my advantage somehow. Ah! I can only eat soft foods which means the Mom will have to give me Stinky Goodness all the time. Mwuahahaha. I can live with that.

The experience at the V-E-T wasn't too terrible considering it is the Stabby Place. I just can't believe that the Mom told them I was grumpy. The tech even put a note on my cage saying "grumpy," like it's a bad thing. Bah. Then they tell the Dad when he picks me up that I'll be grumpy and not get along with other cats for a few days. Geeze. Me? Grumpy? I should've thwapped that chick upside the head before they doped me up.

The Mom thinks that they released me a little too soon 'cause I was seriously tripping out from the drugs. Heck, I was falling over every time I tried to walk. Then what does the Dad do? He locks me in The Box for an hour "to keep me safe." I know he meant well, but screw that. I despise The Box. Loathe it. Why would I want to be kept in there? I'd rather fall down the stairs five times. Eventually the Dad got it (a lot of yowling and pawing at the cage made him see the light), and put me in the bedroom.

I was happy when the Mom got home. She teaches at night so she didn't get home until 11pm. I hate to say it but I really wanted my mommy. Even though she can be a royal pain in the tush, she knows how to make me feel better. She gave me a little bit of Stinky Goodness and then poofed up the pillows on the Big Sleepy Spot so I could have a nice place to rest. When she finally went to sleep, I fell asleep on her head. There is something comforting about that, especially after the day I had.

P.S. The Mom is reminding me to thank all of you for your prayers and best wishes. We won't know the results of the biopsy until at least Friday but I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

25 comments:

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

mommies are the best, altho daddies are ok too.

i'm sorry to hear that you had 4 teeth pulled out, i would be sooooo upset if they did that to me!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Daddy's are okay, ujually der clueless. It's okay dat yoo wanted to be wif mom, dey do know how to take care of us alrite.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Well, look on the bright side. You would REALLY be grumpy if they'd pulled those teeth WITHOUT doping you up. :-)

Sending hopeful purrss that those teeth was the only problem.

Anonymous said...

We're glad your home Ayla. Stay well so we have to fight no more injustices.

Christine and FAZ said...

4 teeth - hope you can still eat lots. FAZ

Victor Tabbycat said...

Yup, moms know bestest. I like what Radcliff, Allie, Luna & Ozzie sed... if you're grumpy now, magine wifout the dope!

I was kepted ofurnite to recover just cuz sum cats don't wake up well. When Bonnie was at e-vet, they sent her home when she was lunging at anyone walkin by her cage. Then her chart sed, "Bonnie was a very good girl." HA!

Oh, wate, it's peace day. Ok, Bonnie's good in her own, unique way.

BTW, get well soon - we's finkin of you.

Tara said...

Mom's are the best, aren't they? I'm sure missing mine right now...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Tara

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are glad you are feeling better. Sleeping with Mom on the pillow is the best.

Mr. Hendrix said...

I'm so happy to hear you're home and doing better. I'm also glad your daddy wized up and put you in the bedroom instead of the PTU. It is impossible to enjoy, um, er, I mean recover from, pain medicine if you're cooped up. Did you see dancing pink ely-phants?
Sorry about your toofs. The plus side is you get the stinky all the time now. I'm so very glad you're home. Keep us posted when you hear anything!

Rebecca Meyer said...

glad to see you're home Ayla. sometimes the dad can be clueless! oouu and now you get stinky goodness all the time!

Max said...

Trippin' is normal after getting drugged up. I get drugged up just to GO to the vet...that's the only fun thing about it. I usually get pout somewhere quiet, too, mostly so Buddah leaves me alone.

It sucks they took so many teeth, but on the plus side ALL HAIL STINKY GOODNESS!!! It's WonderFood, truly it is...

Meowers from Missouri said...

soft purrs to you, miss ayla. sorry you hadda go through that. dads are sometimes clueless, but they mean well. moms DO well wifout even trying!

our mom sez she sympathizes totally wif you--she once had 7 teefs pulled out in one visit to the toof doctor. an' she was awake when it happened!

we are purrin' an' purrrayin' for a good report when the biopsy comes back.

purrs from all the meowers

Parker said...

Awwww, 4 teeth! I am so glad you are home and I hope the tests are all gonna' say you are smart!
Rest and suck up that attention and love!
Purrs!

Tiger Lily said...

It's so good to hear you're feeling OK. How nice of your Mommy to fluff up the pillow for you! and then to let you sleep on her head! We'll be purraying for good news on Friday.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Owie Wowy! Is yer mouth sore? Feel better soon!

The Furry Kids said...

Sorry to hear about your teeths. Dad's will do in a pinch, but there's nothing like a Mom when you don't feel good. Hope you feel better today. We're crossing our paws and purraying that your test results come back ok.

Love,
Titus, Tazo, & Earl Grey

Karen Jo said...

I'm glad the Dad finally wised up and put you in the bedroom instead of keeping you cooped up in the PTU. I hope your mouth isn't too sore and that your biopsy comes back showing that the problem was just the teeth. Enjoy your stinky goodness.

Anonymous said...

Wow Ayla you've been through alot I'd be grumpy too.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Ayla, sorry you added 4 teefs pulled out. i know how much that stinks.

we will be purraying that your biopsy is ok.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are sure glad to read that you are feelin better. Nothin better than a Big Thing to come home to... An curl up with, talk to, get sritched by, ...

Emma's Kat said...

Well, Ayla...I'll be purraying that it was indeed an abcess and that you'll be feeling better soon!

Victor Tabbycat said...

How ya doin today, Ayla? We's still finkin bout you, acourse. You set a good zample fur Bonnie on prime grumpiness. Purrs!

Lux said...

I'm sorry about your teeth, Ayla! Great that you got to cuddle with your mom later, though.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Ooo ... Dentals. Yuck. I'm furry glad that you're feelin' better. I hope that the biopsy brings furry good news.

I have a contest! Stop by and make a guess!
DMM