Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm Starting to Enjoy...

...all the positive attention.

For the past couple of nights, the Mom has been insistent on me sleeping on her pillow. I had been spending most of my time in the closet. Why? Well, the Mom has lots of really long dresses whose bottoms puddle on the floor so I can curl up in a ball in all that fabric. It's warm, dark, quiet, and most importantly no Brats. But now I have to humor the Mom and sit on her pillow until she falls asleep. Then I sneak back into the closet.

Then again, the pillow bit isn't a bad deal. The Mom lavishes me in pets and good scritches and occasionally she has a treat. Like last night she gave me a piece of hot dog. I haven't had that in ages. It made the Mom happy to see me eating so we were both pleased. But honestly, if me eating makes her happy, I'm more than willing to oblige.

How am I doing? I'm having my good days and bad days, but that's more to do with this girl's old joints and the weather than my cancer. The other day was just yucky with the rain and the cold and everything hurt. Yesterday and today, though, were nice and warm. At least now I can move around without aching.

Thanks again for all your well wishes, purrs, hugs, and prayers!

12 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

is hot dog good? belief it or not, I haf nefurr hadded hot dog - mommy doesn't like them, so there is none in the house.

we is glad that you is doing ok Ayla. we is still purring and purraying for you.

Hot(M)BC said...

Hot dog, yummmmm! I'd oblige by eatin a hot dog too. Maybe even two. Glad you're doing ok too, Ayla! And we're still purring for you lots too.
Purrrrrrrs,
Mini and the rest of the HotMBC gang

Karen Jo said...

Hot dog is good. So is pets and scritches from Mom in bed. Lap it all up, Ayla. I'm glad you have a brat-free zone to nap in. Keep on having those good days.

Parker said...

Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmm! Hot dog! I hope you have many more good days and that Mommy continues the Uber spoiling! All of us here in the middle of the U.S.A. are hoping your days are all good ones!
Purrs and prayers,
Parker and us.

Max said...

You ate a piece of DOG???

:::bows to the awesome one:::

I've never had the guts. We had a dog, but I was pretty sure if I took a bite out of him he'd put the royal smack down on me, being that he was 120 pounds of fur...

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

dear Ayla...what kind of a dog was it. A dachshund? They are long and low:)
Did you have ketchup or mustard?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ayla,

"Yes" hot dog's are delicious.I'm glad to see your resting :)

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We're glad to hear you're feelin' okay and we hopes there are lots more warm, sunny days than cold rainy ones. We're still purrin' and purrayin' for you too.

Thanks for visitin' us and for the purrthday wishes!

Anonymous said...

Your human sounds a lot like mine when she is dealing with Georgia. Georgia too loves the closet and to hide and it drives the woman mad, wanting to give her attention.

I think you guys have this figured out.

The rainy days are hard on our old lady G too. So we totally understand. I hope the weather changes so that you can really enjoy yourself without the creaks.

Catzee said...

Ya gets to sleep on the pillow!!?!?!?!? I'm furry impressed.

Rebecca Meyer said...

mmmm hotdog, i tried eatin a hotdog once but i kinda took it wifout askin from my beankids plate an it was too big for my mouth =/

good to hear you're getting the attenshun you deserve!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are sure sorry to hear that you got bit by cancery things. We'll have to watch out for those. They sound bad.

But we are glad to hear that you are gettin treats. We've never had "hot dog" but it would be innerestin to put the bitey on any kind of dog! An that you are gettin more scritches and pillow time. But we unnerstand about closets. They are good. too.