Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sick is Bad

On Friday night, the Mom said she felt a "tickle" in her throat. Personally, I thought she just swallowed a bunch of cat hairs, but in human terms that means she thinks she was getting sick.

And sick she was. The Mom didn't get out of bed the entire day. She even fell asleep during the Leafs game last night (she never misses Hockey Night in Canada), which means she really must not have felt good.

I did my feline duty of sleeping on her head all day, but I guess she didn't delegate her human duties to the Dad. You see, I DID NOT GET MY STINKY GOODNESS yesterday. Nope. None. Nada. Zilch. Now I'm not blaming the Mom 'cause she was really sick. But hello? Dad? What were you doing all day? Couldn't you have given us Stinky Goodness?

When the Mom got up this morning, she realized the error and made sure that we got our Stinky Goodness. She gave me and Frankie lots of pets and apologized. I'll forgive her. This time.

6 comments:

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Oh, no! Another sickie mama! Take care of her, Ayla! The yucky stuff seems to be going around.

Edsel/The Pooch said...

in my 'xperience, Dads are not good for a lot of things. Moms are much better to have around on a day to day basis.

Ivan from WMD said...

You must have one giant heart, Ayla. I don't think I'd be that forgiving.

Rascal said...

Good for you for taking care of your mama. Still, your dad shouldn't be let off the hook. Sounds like he's forgotten his training.

Max said...

Holy moley...did you at least have some dry crunchy food to get you through the Horror????

Victor Tabbycat said...

I like my man best, of course, but I find I do have to keep the woman round for food an treats an litter box duties. He has more important fings to do like keepin my puter chair warm an Victor-free.