Thursday, August 09, 2007

OK...

...so while I technically hate V-E-Ts, Dr. Country Bob may not be all that bad.

OK. Let me clarify something. The Dr. Country Bob that the Annoying One went to who screwed up his diagnosis was an associate of the true Dr. Country Bob, not the real Dr. Country Bob. Does that make sense? The Mom doesn't hate the real Dr. Country Bob and thought that since he has been my V-E-T for the past six months he knows me best.

Anyhoo, I saw Dr. Country Bob yesterday and he poked and prodded and then gave me a big nasty shot. Not the best way to spend the afternoon. But you know what? I'm feeling good. I don't know what was in that shot but it's like a sort of "happy shot." The Mom said it was steroids but I'm feeling like a bit of the ol' nip was put in there. Good stuff.

This morning, the Mom was really happy to hear me yowling at her to feed me. Hmmm...this drug must make me hallucinate or something 'cause she is usually complaining when I yowl at her. She even gave me extra Stinky Goodness and was petting me and saying "good Ayla" while I was eating. Hmmm...maybe Dr. Country Bob gave her a "happy shot" too. Who knows? Who cares? I'm feeling better and I'm getting extra Stinky Goodness. I'm just going to enjoy it. :)

19 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

Hang in there, Ayla. Pawrent's get like that sometimes. Kinda annoying, but it's best to just let it go.

Good to know you're feeling better. Enjoy your 'happy shot'. (sounds really weird to say that)

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Ayla, we are glad you are feeling better and enjoying your stinky goodness. Purrrs.

Karen Jo said...

I think I understand the difference in the Dr. Country Bobs. I am really glad that your happy shot made you feel better and that you are yowling for food again. Enjoy all that extra stinky goodness.

Anonymous said...

anything that makes you feel better is worth it, even if it's a shot ::shudder::. we're purrrrring for you!

Unknown said...

I am very happy to hear this. You are starting to feel better, this is a very good thing.

Anonymous said...

I really think that anything that allows us extra food is a good thing!

Glad you are feeling perky Ayla!

Just Ducky said...

Hey if getting a shot gets you extra stinky goodness and makes you happy. It might be worth a trip to the VET.

Max said...

Hey, if they're going to stab you, they might as well do it with something good. Not that I want to get stabbed with anything... :::gives the Woman the Evil Eye::

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

We are so happy you are feeling better! WOOHOO - Happy Shots,m ummm even if we are scared of needles it sounds like a good thing!

Purrs and Purrs Happy Ayla Happy Mom!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope you will getting better, just calling your mommy, speaking means you have good energy, that is a good condition.

Daisy said...

Hooray for you Ayla! I am glad you got extra stinky goodness, too.

Parker said...

Good for the happy shots! It's nice to know you are enjoying your food!
Purrs to you my friend! Eat on!

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh good! If you hadta get shot it's reely good it made yoo feel better. Enjoy yore stinky goodness!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We figure the V-E-Ts do the best they can, but since they aren't cats they can't really understand us.

But tryin does matter...

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear your feeling better and extra stinky goodness sounds great to me.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we is glad you is feeling good Ayla!

Tiger Lily said...

We're so glad you're feeling better Ayla. Mom said the right steroid shots for the right reasons can be a real blessing and it sounds as if your happy shot (what a great name!) worked and now you're even getting extra stinky goodness! Any time you can yowl without being yelled at by the people you gotta just enjoy.

Mr. Hendrix said...

ok, i'm glad you have a good dr. country bob. there is a stinky guy at our VET we never go see cause, well, he is stinky.
i'm glad you're feeling good! that shot sounds OK, not like medicine shots. mmmm extra stinky goodness. i think your mommy needs a happy shot lots.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Glad you are feeling better. Don't think I've had a "happy shot" before but if it makes you get more stinky goodness then I want one when I go for my yearly v.e.t. visit. My Dr. Jeff always sticks me with a big ole shot thing too but I never got more stinky goodness cuz of it.