Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another Update From The Mom

From the Mom:

Just wanted to give you all a head's up before I give out final exams tonight. We took Ayla to the vet today and things are looking better. The vet gave her a heavy duty steroid shot to help reduce the swelling and give her a little boost. Yesterday and today she was a lot better so I was happy he was able to help her out some. I just have to wait and see how the shot affects her. If it does well, the vet said she has a couple of months in her. If not...well...we'll be lucky to have a month. I have faith my snarky little girl won't give up that easily.

I want to thank everybody for the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me and to Ayla.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't imagine Ayla just giving up! I hope that she has a good few months. Purrs and headbutts from both of us.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we is glad you're feeling better Ayla!!

Parker said...

Me and Mommy send prayers and purrs! We love that little grump!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am glad Ayla is doing better. I also read your other blog, and can't comment on there, so am doing so here. You mentioned that when the time comes, you wished that a vet would come to the house. I am not sure where you live, but in California, we do have vets that make house-calls to help our beloved pets to the bridge. If you check around, you might be able to find a vet that will do that. I hope this helps. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts.

Victor Tabbycat said...

We's glad Ayla's doing better. You know her best. She's a grate cat, grumpies an all.

Ivan from WMD said...

Thanks for the update. We hope Ayla hangs in there and that things ease up for her.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Hang in there, Ayla. Show that V*T what a grumpy girl can do.

Sending comforting purrsss to Ayla and The Mom.

Daisy said...

I am crossing my paws for Ayla!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Purrs for Ayla. Let's hear it for snarkiness!

Hot(M)BC said...

We's glad yoo's feeling better Ayla! We'll send lotsa purrrrrrrs for yoo!
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRS
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

Karen Jo said...

I also can't imagine that Ayla would just give up. I am sending good thoughts her way and some for you, too. I hope the steroids help her a lot and I am very glad that she is feeling better.

The Furry Kids said...

Lots of purrs and slobbers and hugs from us to both of you.