Monday, April 02, 2007

Pheasants, Turkeys and Bears...Oh My!

The Mom was driving to school the other day when she saw a wild pheasant just walking along the side of the road. Then, a few miles up farther, she saw not just one but a whole flock o' wild turkeys! She told me that she has seen quite a few of the wild turkeys but she hadn't seen a pheasant before.

Um. Mom? WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU STOP AND GRAB ME ONE OF THEM FOR DINNER?

P.S. We haven't seen any bears yet but the season for them is coming up. Hopefully they won't try to steal my Stinky Goodness.

7 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I really do hope that the bears don't try to steal your stinky goodness. Turkeys and pheasants aren't that easy to catch, which is probably why your Mom didn't bring you one.

Max said...

I wonder if pheasant tastes like chicken. Or even like turkey. I think I would enjoy that...

The Meezers or Billy said...

we fought Wild Turkey was a bourbon

Anonymous said...

Ayla, that was really not very thoughtful of her!

Anonymous said...

our Lady's sister has wild turkeys running all over her property too. we'd love to get a taste of 'em, but she won't go for it - she's a vegan. can you imagine?

Lux said...

Your mom might have been pecked really hard if she tried to grab one of those turkeys. However, this is not the point. You need dinner!

(I hope this doesn't post twice - for some reason Blogger wouldn't seem to accept the first one.)

Piggy and Grover said...

Those wild turkeys make very funny sounds and they're HUGE! Maybe your mom can get some pheasant- flavored stinky goodness...