Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Busy Mom

The Mom has been busy lately, which is kind of annoying to me. I mean, how is she supposed to devote all her attention to me if she's doing other things? Doesn't she understand that I'm the priority here.

Anyways, the Mom got not one but two jobs. She said "when it rains, it pours" whatever that means. The first job she got is as a library assistant. She does love books so that would be the perfect job for her. I don't know why she loves those things so much. There aren't any moving parts or anything else fun to watch with them. I know 'cause I tried to see what she was staring at. The only thing I found they are good for is sleeping on but the Mom doesn't do that. Well, except really late at night when she sometimes falls asleep with the book, but she doesn't sleep on it just next to it.

The other job is teaching a college class at one of the local colleges. She's really excited about doing this. So am I. That means she brings out all her really fancy clothes, which are nice and soft with cool fabric, the night before and I get to sleep on them. I don't know why she gets mad when I do that but why would she put them out the night before if she didn't want us to sleep on them?

I just hope that she remembers I'm number one when she's home and I want her to make up for any lost attention time.

10 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

you should do what Sammy does - chew holes in her clothes. Our Mommy has to hide her clothes so that Sammy doesn't destroy them.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Dad washed Mom's good leg thingies fur werk, an I made sure to sleep on em an get my white fur all ofur them, along wif my stink, before she put thems away agin. You nefur know when yur mom mite meet anufur kitty who needs to know she's "taken".

Yur Mom's jobbies sound good fur a purr-pet-you-all student like her:-).
Purrs, VT

Kukka-Maria said...

Two jobs = more stuff purchased for Ayla.

Don't lose sight of the materialistic goal, girl!

Ivan from WMD said...

I don't wait for Mom to put out clothes--I just help myself to anything in her dressers.

My mom says those two jobs sound like fun. I'm think "jobs" and "fun" is one of those oxygen morons or something.

The Crew said...

Oh! Fancy clothese are definitely the best for shedding on. Mom says all her dark pants are covered in hair from the knees down. What's the problem? We think that's good!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Ayla, I resemble... I mean I resent the comment you made to Bombay bout tabby cats bein fat. I'll haf you know I'm not fat, just big an solid. I know lotsa fat cats who aren't tabbies. Like Eric, he's ginger. In fact, he's just posted a gallery of large cat bellies. Note that they are NOT all tabbies.
Now you've made me grumpy - thanks. I'm not happy unless I'm grumpy.

nemokitty said...

My mom loves books, too. That's all she does at home (when not feeding me or playing with me, of course..oh, or in the noisemaker room). They don't look good for much, either, but they're fun to chew on. Have you tried that?

Victor Tabbycat said...

Ayla, don't listen to Bonnie. You didn't mean ALL tabbies are fat, right? Just the ones you've met.

When I first dopted Mom, she'd read in the bedroom where I was trapped, an I tried swattin the little ants all ofur the pages of the book, but they weren't ants. Then I tried bitin the book, but Mom said "We don't eat books in this house." But sumtimes she says the boy "devours" his books, isn't that eatin?

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

This week's WCB #62 will be hosted by Heather at http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=16572342&postID=115587421173067737. Please sent us your Kitty Blog photo of the week if you wish. Thanks.

Hot(M)BC said...

Me and Grandma bof love sleepin on books! Mommy says that for Grandma they's like sleepin pills. They don't look like chunks to me, more like handy beds to nap on. But they sure do make Grandma fall asleepies fast at nights then we bof can lay on them.
~~ Sanjee